Media.web visited our campus for the Website Reliability Engineer position (DevOps) in August 2022. CGPA standards have been 6 and above.
There have been 5 rounds.
Spherical 1: (On-line check): It was an MCQ check, I don’t bear in mind the length and variety of questions. It had questions from Working Programs, Pc Networks, Knowledge Constructions and Algorithms, DBMS, and Normal Aptitude.
Round 23 folks obtained chosen for the Machine Spherical and I used to be one in every of them.
Spherical 2: (Machine Spherical – Offline, 3 Hours): This spherical was carried out in our laptop heart. We got a socket programming process.
Activity Description: There’s a server that has key-value storage. There could be a number of shoppers which may ship requests like ‘GET’, ‘PUT’, and ‘DELETE’ to the server.
The important thing-value storage, server, and shopper code is written all from scratch. We have been allowed to google something like syntax, errors, and so on. We have been even given the choice of selecting any language we have been snug with, I went with Python.
- The important thing-value storage is mainly a dictionary in python. So I’ve written a category which has a dictionary in it and a few features to take care of the ‘GET’, ‘PUT’ and ‘DELETE’ operations.
- I wrote code for the server which might be prepared to just accept shoppers and might begin speaking over TCP protocol, equally, I wrote code for the shopper which might be able to take enter from the consumer for the requests and ship it to the server.
- After I used to be carried out with the duty, I nonetheless had a while left, I used to be requested to implement a TTL(Time to dwell) system for the storage. Which means a key could have a time-to-live part, the important thing would expire after a sure time period. I implement this and the time was over.
- Since I used to be utilizing threads to take care of a number of shoppers, I had to make use of threads. I used to be requested if my code was thread-safe, and I stated no as a result of my fundamental goal was to complete the fundamental process and implement thread security later. The interviewers have been comfortable with it although.
3 college students made it via this spherical, I used to be one in every of them.
Spherical 3: (Technical Interview – Offline, 1 Hour): This spherical was a CS basic largely associated to Working Programs and Pc Networks.
The interviewers greeted and launched themselves and requested me to introduce myself. The interviewer went via my resume and requested me about my internship.
Then the dialogue went in direction of Pc Networks, a few of the questions I bear in mind have been:
- What are TCP and UDP and the way do they work.
- 3-way handshaking.
- What occurs after we kind google.com in our browser?
I had talked about Git as a model management system in my tasks in my resume, so he requested me a query associated to it.
- Let’s say we now have an software. Version2 of the applying has been deployed and now after 5000 commits, we now have deployed version3 of the applying. Now we have came upon that the ultimate version3 has a bug, which had crept in from one of many commits. How would you discover the commit during which the bug began?
- A follow-up query, an identical scenario is given however this time the bug began in one of many commits and likewise obtained resolved in a later commit, making version3 nonbuggy. Now we have to search out out the place the bug began this time.
Spherical 4: (System Design – Offline, 1 Hour): This spherical was a System Design spherical.
- The interviewers greeted and launched themselves and requested to introduce themselves.
- I used to be given the choice of selecting between designing a world chat software (like WhatsApp) or a world video streaming service (like YouTube).
- I went with YouTube.
- I slowly began placing all my targets collectively on a chunk of paper and began constructing upon them.
- The interviewers requested me how would you scale this specific system for a bigger viewers and I attempted my finest to give you options.
Spherical 5: (Managerial Spherical – On-line, 30 minutes): This spherical was a normal dialogue as to what an SRE does and the way it impacts the corporate. He informed concerning the firm’s tradition and values. Extra that it was a normal dialogue concerning the wage and the way my progress could be within the firm.
Lastly, I obtained a proposal from the corporate!
- Strive to enter depth, if you end up utilizing some phrases, you want to have the ability to reply something the interviewer asks about them.
- It’s okay if you happen to couldn’t reply one thing. At the least attempt to reply it in your personal logical manner and what would you concentrate on it.
- Preserve the session interactive. Let the interviewer know what’s going on in your thoughts.
- A great depth of information is required in Working Programs and Pc Networks.
All one of the best!